Kartini Day with Bintan Lagoon Resort.
Bintan Lagoon Resort (BLR) is proud to honour the birthday of Raden Adjeng Kartini considered to be Indonesia’s first prominent female activist and advocate of education and rights for women on Saturday, 21 April.
Born into Javanese aristocracy on 21 April 1879, Raden Adjeng Kartini developed an interest into the thinking of western women from books/magazines and the company of the female Dutch colonialists at that time. She herself attended school until the age of 12 and as dictated by Javanese tradition, spent her days in isolation until her arranged marriage. While in seclusion, she penned letters to friends abroad and these were then compiled into a book called “Habis Gelap Terbitlah Terang” (“Out of Darkness Into Light”) and published after her death in 1904.
A year before her death to childbirth complications, she opened the first Indonesian primary school for local girls, regardless of their social status, inside her father’s home, and provided a progressive, Western-based curriculum which encouraged empowerment and enlightenment.
In 1964, Raden Adjeng Kartini was declared a National Hero of Independence and her birthday was to be commemorated every year as Kartini Day. On Kartini Day, Indonesians pay tribute to the legacy of this extraordinary woman, who championed the rights of women, with various activities.
At Bintan Lagoon Resort, female employees form nearly 40% of the total staff force. Indonesians are generally known for their warmth and hospitality while the Indonesian women epitomize poise and charm. They are given generous maternity/menstrual leave privileges, housing and training in grooming and communications.
“From the female caddies on the golf courses to the chefs in the kitchen, we are proud of our female employees. They bring grace and strength to their role. They are loyal and work tirelessly, always ready with a smile,” remarked Gerald A Hendrick, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Bintan Lagoon Resort.
Bintan Lagoon Resort celebrates Kartini Day with a hi-tea cum fashion show showcasing the traditional kebaya outfits worn by the female staff with a prize given to the best kebaya outfit. Priced at IDR250,000 person, the delectables comprise a sumptuous spread of delicious Indonesian savouries such as Javanese smoked salmon wrap, opor ayam pie, rendang burger, laksa station and sweet treats such as cinnamon scones as well as local and western pastries.
A special Hari Kartini BLR Staycation Package is available for Indonesians at IDR 900,000 nett per person from 21-22 April for a minimum of two persons per room.
PACKAGE INCLUDES :
- 2D1N Stay in Deluxe Room for two persons
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Hari Kartini High Tea Celebration
- Buffet breakfast at Fiesta
- 10% off Food & Beverage
- 10% Off Recreational Activities
- 10% Off kedaton Spa
- Complimentary activities including Billiards, Snooker, Basketball, Beach Soccer, Futsal, Table Tennis, Mahjong, Darts, Powerhouse Gym and Board Games
- Free cover charge to SILK Nightclub
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY :
- The package is only valid for stay from 21 – 22 April 2018 .
- The package is valid for 01 Deluxe Room per booking on twin-share basis.
- Minimum two people per booking.
- Full payment must be paid upon booking the package.
- No cancellation or changes are allowed once booking is confirmed.
- Booking is subject to availability.
- A complimentary baby cot can be provided upon request. Subject to availability.
- Extra Bed can be provided upon request at additional fees.
- The package is not valid with valid in conjunction with other promotions, vouchers and/or discounts, unless otherwise stated.
- Discount and privileges are not exchangeable for cash, kind or other goods and services.
- Please note that Bintan Lagoon Resort will be photographing, filming and/or recording this event. We may use any photograph, film or recording taken at this event for our marketing purposes via various channels such as social media, print collaterals etc. By booking, you consent to being photographed, filmed and/or recorded and for use of your image and likeness for the purposes stated herein. If you don’t agree, please remove yourself from any group or candid shots/recording that our photographers/videographer intend to capture.
- Bintan Lagoon Resort management reserves the right to change the tentative program.
ABOUT BINTAN LAGOON RESORT
Sprawled over 300 hectares of beachfront gardens in the tropical paradise of Bintan, Bintan Lagoon Resort is the premier lifestyle destination for leisure, golf and corporate meetings & incentives with its own ferry terminal. A 75-minute direct ferry ride from Singapore, Bintan Lagoon Resort boasts 450 contemporary rooms, suites and villas complemented by an impressive range of 14 wining & dining options, nine function rooms and a dedicated MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions) Centre. For leisure, there are two world-renowned 18-hole golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus and Ian Baker-Finch comprising the Bintan Lagoon Golf Club and a slew of over 50 sea sports and land activities including a day spa.
Tel: (62) 770 691 388/ (65) 62233223
Fax: (62) 770 691 300